Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Why I'm starting a blog (BORING)

It's pretty hard to be open on the internet. Representing your true self in front of a ruthless online community can have dire consequences. As a result, most people choose to hide themselves behind masks of anonymity.

Not me. I stand proudly behind my terrible web history. I've written about the Thunder publicly since I was 16 years old, and I have to live with my entire professional body of work. Sure, I could take the web history down, but why? Those old web addresses are perfect representations of who I was in that moment. And even if I don't like it, or might be afraid of someone else who might judge it....it's reality.

Still, I've never been able to represent myself in the form of a web blog. I've had social media accounts on different sites, but those are only accessible by a few. I want my thoughts to be publicly presentable, to whomever might want to see. 

Of course, I can't reveal everything about my life here. But no one truly can....In any case, I'll strive to be as honest as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment